Essential Job Functions
Under direct supervision, and in accordance with Company policies, procedures and guidelines, this position:
- Prepares requisitions for accurate and timely data entry into various computer systems.
- Performs research by accessing internal or external sources to obtain pertinent information.
- Add charges for services or splits accessions as required.
- Performs various clerical duties as required.
- Assists other departments as required.
- Willing shares knowledge with others to effectively accomplish assigned tasks.
- Adheres to confidentiality, safety, compliance, and legal requirements.
- Maintains consistent and reliable attendance and complies with company guidelines on attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.)
- Occasional reaching, stopping, bending, kneeling, and crouching.
- Frequent prolonged standing/sitting/walking.
- Must be able to see, hear, and respond adequately.
- Extensive computer work.
- Frequent use of telephone.
- Air conditioned office.
- Subject to electrical and radiant energy hazards.
- Sufficient noise and interruptions to cause distractions.
- Frequent exposure to video display terminals.
- May be asked to work occasional irregular or extended hours.
- Perceive pertinent details and verbal or tabular material
- Ability to see things from the customer’s/patient’s point of view and respond
- in a timely appropriate and courteous manner
- Handle emergency situations with calmness and professionalism
- Ability to work effectively with others and promotes positive working relationships
- Perform arithmetic operations quickly and accurately
- Understand meaning of words, ideas associated with them and their effective use
- Understand instructions, reason, and make judgments
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and computer literacy required
- CUSTOMER-FOCUSED: Aware of customer needs; makes decisions with customer in mind; builds strong customer relationships.
- COMMUNICATOR: Proactively conveys a clear, convincing, and timely message; possesses strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- PROBLEM SOLVER: Uses data and logic to quickly find solutions to difficult challenges.
- COLLABORATIVE: Works effectively with others to accomplish goals.
- TECHNICALLY COMPETENT: Possesses and maintains the functional and technical knowledge and skills to successfully perform job.
- RESULTS DRIVEN: Achievement-oriented; achieves and exceeds goals; pushes self and others for results.
- ANALYTICAL: Logical, systematic, and methodical in working through a plan or problem; provides solid research on which to base decisions; establishes process for workflow.
- RESOURCEFUL: Knows how to get what is needed; manages time and workloads for maximum efficiency.
- QUALITY CONSCIOUS: Delivers accuracy and precision in work products; mindful of technical requirements, rules, and standards.
- TIME-WISE: Prioritizes; respects others’ time; adheres to schedules and agendas.